So, you are interested in becoming a Beekeeper. It is a wonderful hobby which will get you in touch with nature and these wonderful creatures. It is challenging, but not overwhelmingly so. The benefits are numerous to you and to your immediate environment. Here is where to start.
First, read the following articles:
- What is Beekeeping
- Five questions to ask if you are considering Beekeeping
- Ten steps to start Beekeeping
As the Ten Steps article mentions, the best move you can make is to join a local Beekeepers Association. By doing so you will find some very helpful folks who are eager to share knowledge and help you get started.
Here are a few other resources that are helpful for new beekeepers:
- FAQs About Beekeeping
- Five tools for the new Beekeeper
- Glossary of Beekeeping terms (Don’t spend a lot of time memorizing these! Understanding will come with time, and this is simply a reference for you.)
- Components of a Honeybee Hive
Last, if you become a member of HCBA you will get access to the presentations from our latest Beginning Beekeeping 5 session course which took place in February 2018 LINK
Best of luck, we hope to see you at one of our meetings soon!